• The Google Pixel 8 Pro has a built-in thermometer that can now measure body temperature accurately with FDA clearance.
• Initially limited to reading object temperatures.
• The new update includes body temperature measurements.
Balu Vysyaraju Published On: 27/01/2024
Pixel 8 Pro Thermometer: A Handy Tool in Your Pocket
The Google Pixel 8 Pro introduced a unique feature that’s not found in many other smartphones: a built-in thermometer. This isn’t just a gimmick; it’s a surprisingly useful tool that can be used for various purposes.
How it Works
The Pixel 8 Pro’s thermometer is located next to the rear camera. It’s an infrared sensor that measures the heat radiating from an object. This allows you to take the temperature of things without touching them, which can be helpful for hot or cold objects.
Using the Thermometer App
To use the thermometer, you’ll need to open the pre-installed “Thermometer” app. The app is straightforward to use. You can choose between measuring the temperature of an object or your own body temperature.
For objects, you can select the material you’re measuring (such as food, metal, or glass) to get a more accurate reading. Then, hold the phone about two inches away from the object and tap the “Tap to Measure” button. The app will display the temperature reading on the screen.
Body Temperature Measurement (New Feature!)
As of January 2024, Pixel 8 Pro users can now use the Thermometer app to measure their own body temperature by scanning their forehead. This feature is still in its early stages, but it’s a promising addition that could be helpful for tracking fevers or monitoring overall health.
The Pixel 8 Pro’s thermometer is surprisingly accurate. In Google’s clinical trials, the body temperature feature was able to measure temperatures within ±0.3°C of an FDA-cleared temporal artery thermometer. This means it’s just as accurate as most traditional forehead thermometers.
Uses for the Pixel 8 Pro Thermometer
There are many ways you can use the Pixel 8 Pro’s thermometer. Here are a few ideas:
- Cooking: Check the temperature of your food to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Grilling: Ensure your grill is hot enough before throwing on your steaks.
- Baby care: Check the temperature of your baby’s bathwater or formula.
- Home improvement: Check the temperature of your hot water heater or air conditioner.
- Health: Monitor your body temperature to track fevers or illness.
The Pixel 8 Pro’s thermometer is a valuable addition to the phone’s already impressive feature set. It’s accurate, easy to use, and has a variety of potential uses. If you’re looking for a smartphone with a unique and practical feature, the Pixel 8 Pro is definitely worth considering.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the Pixel 8 Pro’s thermometer:
- The thermometer is not intended for medical use.
- The accuracy of the thermometer can be affected by factors such as the ambient temperature and the material being measured.
- The body temperature feature is still in beta and may not be available in all regions.
I hope this article has given you a good overview of the Pixel 8 Pro’s thermometer. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
in this page of article we are gathered information from lot of sources and social Media handles…
thanks for reading this article..
keep love and support TechFacts